- Hilco Global (Australasia) Pty Ltd ACN 635 803 973;
- Hilco Australasia (VIC) Pty Ltd ACN 634 872 316
- Hilco Australasia (NSW) Pty Ltd ACN 634 872 585;
- Hilco Australasia (QLD) ACN 636 682 249; and
- Hilco Australasia (SA) Pty Ltd ACN 634 872 816,
and each of their Related Bodies Corporate, as that term is defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) (together and separately (as appropriate), Hilco Global Australasia, we, us, our).
1. How we collect your personal information
Personal information has the meaning given to that term in the Privacy Act and includes information or an opinion (whether true or not) about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
In general, Hilco Global Australasia collects personal information about users of its website, (www.hilcoapac.com (Website)), suppliers, contractors, and prospective employees. We aim to collect personal information only if it is reasonably necessary to providing the service, product or information you have requested from us.
In the course of providing you with products or services, we collect personal information in a variety of ways. Unless it is unreasonable or impractical to do so, we collect your personal information from you directly. In some cases however, we will collect information about you from a third party.
For example, we may collect your personal information from:
- your employer or colleagues (if you are an employee of a customer, supplier or contractor to Hilco Global Australasia);
- public or commercial information services providers (such as providers of government or business information); and
- third party service providers or agents assisting us to provide products or services to you.
[At the time of collection, or as soon as practicable after we have collected it, we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to notify or make you aware of the collection and of any matters relevant to the collection, unless it is obvious from the circumstances that you would know or would expect us to have the information.
Hilco Global Australasia may collect personal information about you when you:
- engage with Hilco Global Australasia and its employees in the course of receiving products or services from
- Hilco Global Australasia;
- visit our Website, or create or use an account on our Website;
- interact with our social media platforms;
- contact us in relation to a promotion;
- make an enquiry about our products services;
- subscribe to receive newsletters or information from us;
- apply as a candidate for a position of employment with us; and
- supply goods or services to us.
2. What personal information we collect about you
The kinds of personal information we collect and hold about you will depend on the products or services we provide you with or if the law requires us to collect it. This includes your:
- Identification information – such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, gender and date of birth;
- Financial and transaction information – including billing information including your credit card details, your purchasing preferences and history; and
- Other personal information – such as details of your interactions with us (including when you use our website and other online resources, such as social media platforms), billing information including your credit card details, your purchasing preferences and history, your preferences in relation to direct marketing communications, any information contained in correspondence between us and you and any other details about you to assist in managing our relationship with you.
If you are a prospective employee, we may collect details about your employment history and other details about you to assist with the recruitment process. We may collect this information from you directly, or from a recruiter.
For each visitor to our Website, we may also collect the following non-personally identifiable information using third party website analytics providers:
- browser type, version and language;
- operating system;
- pages viewed while browsing the relevant website; and
- page access times and referring website address.
3. Purpose of collection
We collect your personal information primarily to:
- provide you products, services and information that you request from us;
- provide you with information about Hilco Global Australasia’s products and services;
- suggest Hilco Global Australasia’s products and services to you; and
- otherwise manage our relationship with you.
- are a candidate for employment, we may also collect your personal information primarily to contact you throughout the recruitment process; and
- employee or director of a customer, contractor or supplier, we may also collect your personal information primarily to contact you for business purposes and manage our relationship with you or your organisation.
- If it is reasonable to expect that we would use or disclose your personal information for purposes which are related to the above primary purposes, we may also use or disclose your personal information to:
- assist you with enquiries or complaints;
- develop and improve our customer service and relationships;
- promote, advertise and market any of our products and services, including to invite you to events or activities hosted by Hilco Global Australasia or inform you of promotions;
- comply with our legal obligations (including to comply with any law or any lawful request of a law enforcement agency or government authority), resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our clients and enforce our agreements with third parties such as your employer;
- inform you of developments at Hilco Global Australasia and other products and services that we can provide.
We may use information collected through our Website for the purpose of delivering personalised content to you while you are at our Website.
We may use your name, email address, organisation details, your position within your organisation and any preferences in relation to marketing that you share with us, for direct marketing purposes. Where possible, we will provide you with a choice to unsubscribe from any of our marketing communications. We will respect your request to decline to receive these marketing communications.
4. Sharing of your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- online tracking and/or advertising technology which is integrated into the Hilco APAC platform (as set out in clause 7 of the Terms);
- external providers of services that we may use to operate our business and manage our business systems (for example, this may include our warehouse, supply partners and other service providers (including delivery service providers such as couriers and administrative services providers), email marketing and e-commerce service providers, printers, call centres providers of payment processing services, IT technicians who may need access when providing support (although it is our practice for them to work under supervision) and other professional service providers as required from time to time;
- if you are an employee of one of our customers, contractors, agents or suppliers to your employer;
any person we consider necessary to execute your instructions, including other participants in financial and payment systems, such as banks, credit providers, clearing entities, payment platforms and credit card associations;
- our professional advisors and agents; and
- other businesses involved in our dealings, including our business partners and third parties that refer you to us.
- We may disclose your personal information to these third parties so that they can assist us with providing the best possible service to you.
Those third parties will be permitted to access only the personal information they need to deliver the service to Hilco Global Australasia or to you.
Each entity in the Hilco Global Australasia group of companies may also disclose your personal information to other companies within the Hilco Global Australasia group of companies (which are listed above).
We may disclose your personal information to our related entities who are located overseas, including in North America, South America, Europe (including the Netherlands), the United Kingdom, South East Asia (including Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Hong Kong). In some cases, those entities may use your personal information for the purpose of promoting their products and services. We are not otherwise likely to disclose information to overseas recipients unless it is with your consent, or the disclosure is required or authorised by law.
The privacy and collection practices of entities to which we disclose personal information are governed by their own privacy policies and collection notices.
We will not otherwise disclose information about you unless the disclosure:
- is required or authorised by law; or
- you have consented to our disclosing the information about you.
5. Quality of your personal information
Hilco Global Australasia aims to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date. To assist us in this, you need to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as requested and properly update the information to us to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
If you believe that the information we hold is inaccurate or incomplete, please contact us and we will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information.
If we do not believe the information to be incorrect, we will take reasonable steps to add a statement to the information claiming that you believe the information is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date.
6. Securing your personal information
We may hold your personal information in electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information.
We will retain your personal information as required by law, and then take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed.
7. Securing your personal information
8. Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to exceptions allowed by law, you can request access to or correction of your own personal information by contacting us. If the information held by Hilco Global Australasia is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date you may request that we correct the information. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
We will give you access to, or correct, your personal information unless there is a lawful reason for refusing your request for access or correction. If we refuse your request we will give you a written notice explaining our reasons for that refusal and how you may complain about that refusal.
9. Change in control of Hilco Global Australasia
If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of Hilco Global Australasia or our business (or any entity in the Hilco Global Australasia group of companies) to another organisation (including in the course of a transaction like a sale, merger or acquisition or as part of a dissolution, liquidation, administration, receivership or other form of insolvency), you agree that your personal information that is collected by Hilco Global Australasia may be disclosed to a third party, prospective buyer, transferee or insolvency practitioner and that this is reasonable to enable that party to continue or manage the business.
If you have a complaint about tracking technologies and/or serve ads, please note that opt out functions are set out in clause 7 of our Terms.
If you have a complaint about our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, or you wish to make a complaint about a breach of the APPs, please contact us at the details set out below.
In your complaint, please set out the details of your complaint and your contact details. Our Privacy Officer will contact you to acknowledge your request and ask for any other applicable information. Our Privacy Officer will then investigate the issue and advise you in writing of the outcome.
You can also make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. Further information is available at www.oaic.gov.au.
11. Contacting us
Our contact details in respect of any issues in relation to privacy are:
Telephone: 13000 HILCO
Post: Attn: Privacy Officer, Level 1, 25 Burwood Rd, Hawthorn VIC 3122 Address